Strategic Plan 2015
The planning process for the 2015-2020 Strategic Plan is beginning and is slated to conclude April 2015. More than 35 District 90 stakeholders have volunteered to participate in the planning process, including parents, staff, faculty, administrators, board members, community members, and former students. The Consortium for Educational Change, a nonprofit organization committed to transforming educational systems to improve student learning and achievement, will provide a facilitator and lead the process. Designed to help the District determine goals for the next five years, the final version will also revamp District 90’s overall vision and prepare it to leverage upcoming opportunities for growth and improvement. Please see the materials below for more information on the strategic planning process.
The 2015-2020 Strategic Plan
After a five-month process that was facilitated by the Consortium for Educational Change (CEC), the final version of the 2015-2020 Strategic Plan has been approved by the Board of Education. This Strategic Plan revamps the District’s mission and vision, and establishes five goals to guide the District’s efforts.
Strategic Plan Results – Year One
The first year of District 90’s Strategic Plan has resulted in significant progress. Five Action Objective Teams have been working to implement programs and initiatives that bring the 2015-20 Strategic Plan to fruition. All Teams have achieved or made significant progress on the 2016-17 initiatives. Here is scorecard on the results from the five Action Objective Teams, their goals, and the initiatives designed to implement the goal.
May 7, 2015 Meeting
- River Forest Agenda for Setting Direction, Part Two
- D90 Draft of Strategic Plan
April 10, 2015 Meeting
- Findings of the Setting Direction Retreat River Forest District 90
- Agenda for Setting Direction
- Table Assignments
- Setting Direction Handout
- Setting Direction Part One (PowerPoint)
- Article #1: Richard Dufor and Mike Mattos, "How Do Principals Really Improve Schools?"
- Article #2: "Illinois Priority One: A New Direction for Student Success"
- Article #3: "Learning About Teaching"
March 5, 2015 Meeting
- Agenda for River Forest Vision Retreat
- Table and Article Assignments (updated)
- Data Retreat Findings
- SWOT Analysis
- Article #1: "Time for Teachers Executive Summary"
- Article #2: "Transforming Teacher Work"
- Article #3: Michael Fullan, "Choosing the wrong drivers for whole system reform"
- District 90 Strategic Plan Process - Review of Mission and Vision
January 30, 2015 Meeting
- Strategic Plan Agenda, January 30 Meeting
- Strategic Plan Survey Results
- Article #1: "The State We're In: 2014--A Report Card on Public Education in Illinois"
- Article #2: Anne Conzemius, "The X Factor is 'Why'"
- Article #3: Richard Ingersall and others, "Seven Trends: The Transformation of the Teaching Force"
- SWOT Analysis
December 11, 2015 Meeting
- Strategic Plan Team Welcome Letter
- Schedule of Meetings
- District 90 Strategic Plan Team Members
- Agenda for Orientation Meeting: December 11, 2014
- Article #1: Michael Fullan, "The Big Ideas Behind Whole System Reform"
- Article #2: Jan O'Neill, "Building on the Past to Create a Powerful Future"
- Article #3: Various Education Organizations Combined Position Statement, "Transforming the Teaching Profession"
- River Forest School District 90 Strategic Plan, 2010-2015
Survey for Strategic Plan
Please help contribute to the collection of information the Strategic Planning Team will use to create the Strategic Plan. Click here to provide your perceptions and priorities for our schools. The survey will be available until January 8, 2015.
Significant 2016 Accomplishments of District 90
Click here for an overview of District 90's Significant 2016 Accomplishments and Initiatives.